1. Personnel Administration Section
This section deals with the overall personnel management of the personnel working under accounts cadre. This section is responsible for the issue of formal appointment letters to the candidates recommended by Public Service Commission or Promotion Board. This section initiates action for deputation and replacement of the staff from one payment center to another under different Line Ministries.
2. Financial Administration Section
This section is responsible for the management of logistics of FCGO. It also deals with the procurement and management of goods maintenance of building, equipments and vehicles. This section maintains the operating level account of the FCGO.
3. Internal Administration Section
This section is responsible for the preparation of annual budget for FCGO and DTCOs. Maintains inventory books of accounts. Other responsibilities of this section include compilation of expenditure and revenue data of DTCOs and initiation of procedures for the settlement of final audit observations.
4. Treasury Section
This section is mainly responsible for the operation of Central Treasury of the Government including the maintenance of the accounts relating to consolidated fund, grant and loan accounts of the donors. Other functions of the section are:
Preparation of annual statement of accounts of cash amount released by the banks from central accounts and reimburse such amount to the concerning banks through Nepal Rasta Bank.
Preparation of annual statement of direct payments made under the grant assistance on the basis of information received from donor agencies and line ministries.
Issuing order/s for the opening of non-operating and non-freezing accounts.
Reimbursing the amount spent by the banks on behalf of the government from the central government accounts.
Preparing the freeze statement of the unspent amount in the bank accounts of the government offices at the end of the fiscal year.
5. Reimbursement Section
This section maintains the books of accounts relating to the funds disbursed by the government, which remains reimbursable from the loan and grant account of the donor agencies. Other functions of this section include:
Reconciliation of the amount spent by projects initially released from HMG/N on reimbursable basis and certification of the correctness of annual project account of the projects for submission to the concerned donors.
Preparation of annual statements of loan and grant amount, which remains reimbursable from donors out of the budget release made by the government.
Monitoring and following up of projects to ensure that eligible expenditure are claimed promptly by submitting withdrawal applications to the donors.
Issuing orders for the release of budget to paying offices having donor aided budget.
Collection of bank vouchers deposited in the central account and preparing monthly statement.
6. Accounts Strengthening and Human Resource Development Section
The main function of the section includes the strengthening of accounting system, manpower development and institutional strengthening. Other responsibilities of the section include:
- Preparation of research study reports on budgetary system, funds distribution system, accounting system, inventory system of the government and recommends corrective measures.
- Preparation of short term and long term manpower development plan.
- Assessing the need for foreign and domestic training, ascertaining opportunities and preparing the proposals as required.
- Conduct workshop, seminar etc.
7. Budget Implementation Section
This section mainly deals with implementation of budget and it exercises overall control on the release of budget to government offices. The specific functions of this section are:
Making arrangement for the uniform budget release system throughout the country.
Implement the virement orders issued by the Ministry of Finance for changes in budget, their sources, budget amount etc.
Issuing orders to DTCOs for the release of reallocated budget from unallocated budget balance in the center.
Issuance of release orders of Budget under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Finance as per the instructions of the Ministry.
Implementation of budget control orders issued by the Ministry of Finance from time to time.
8. Debt Section
The main responsibility of this section is to maintain the accounts of internal and external debt. The specific functions are as follows:
Repayment of principal and interest of internal and external debt.
Maintaining the accounts of internal and internal debt.
Data dissemination and reporting of internal as well as external debt.
Preparation of central accounts of debt and reporting to the stakeholders.
Assist MOF to manage the borrowings.
9. Investment Section
This section maintains the records in respect of investment in loan and share capital made by the government to public enterprises. The specific functions of this section are:
Maintaining records of investment made by the government in the share capital of public enterprises.
Maintaining records in respect of loan disbursed by donor agencies to government, which is diverted by the government to public enterprises through subsidiary loan agreement with the concerned enterprises.
Recovery of installment of principal and interest on loan provided to public enterprises as per the loan amortization schedule agreed upon in the subsidiary loan agreement.
Undertaking monitoring on the dividend receivable from public enterprises and maintaining the records thereof.
Making representation in the Annual General Meeting of public enterprises on behalf of the government as a shareholder.
10. Consultation Section
This section deals with legal matters relating to the financial management of HMG/N by providing legal opinions to government agencies on issues related to the prevailing financial administration rules and regulation.
11. Inspection Section
The main function of this section is to supervise and monitor the activities of Regional Treasury Directorates and DTCOs and issuing directives for bringing improvement in the weakness areas. In addition to this, this section is also responsible for undertaking surprise visits of other government agencies the financial activities performed by them and provides suggestions for the improvement. This section is also responsible for the monitoring the implementation status of the instructions issued.
12. Internal Audit Section
The main functions of this section are related to internal auditing, clearance of advances and inventory management. In addition to these, this section is also involved in providing advice regarding the clearance of audit objections. The specific functions of this section are:
Reviewing existing internal auditing policies and recommending suggestions for the improvement of the system.
Developing internal auditing manual and updating the same from time to time in order to standardize the internal auditing function.
Monitoring the internal auditing function performed by the DTCOs and issuing necessary directives to them.
Initiating follow up actions in the cases of serious audit objection involving embezzlement or misappropriation of government funds.
Taking necessary follow up actions for the control and clearance of unsettlement advances.
Reviewing the existing inventory system of the government and recommend measures for the improvement of the existing inventory management system.
Undertaking the Public Expenditure Tracking Survey of development activities performed by the government offices covering at least one activity in each fiscal year.
13. Statistics Analysis Section
The specific function of this section includes the following:
- Preparation of integrated financial statement of expenditure including cash, direct payment, objective support; revenue, deposit and operational cost on the basis of Financial Procedure Rules , 2064.
- Collection of statistics and reports required to prepare financial statements form DTCOs and Ministries.
- Check the details and reports for mistakes and circulate to DTCO and Ministries for rectification, if required.
- Provide details to Ministry of Finance (financial survey and amends estimate) and other stakeholders on demand.
- Publish Integrated annual financial statements.
14. Information Technology (IT) Section
IT section is mainly responsible for IT support to the FCGO and DTCOs. The specific functions performed by this section are:
- Providing technical specification for the procurement of computers, printers, peripherals and other equipments.
- Manage the distribution of computers and hardware peripherals to FCGO and DTCOs.
- Analyzing the system for the requirement identification for system development.
- Configuration and monitoring of Servers (Database server, Application server, Report server, DNS server, Mail server) of Data Center (DC) at FCGO and Data Recovery (DR) at GIDC.
- Developing software for the computerization of accounting and reporting system of government financial system.
- Providing solutions to the problems related to computer hardware and software.
- Assisting in providing reports regarding data collected through various operational IT system such as TSA, FMIS and so on.
- Establishment of the networking of FCGO and DTCOs and providing necessary support for its operation.
- Circulation of information through Information Technology Tools such as internet and email.
- Regular updates of FCGO website for the availability of required information, as and when required.
- Providing regular support for software operation to DTCO, Bank and other stakeholders.
15. Public Expenditure and Financial Accountability (PEFA) Secretariat
The specific function of this section includes the following:
- To coordinate and facilitate the reform activities related to public financial management of GoN.
- To conduct research study, seminars, training, orientation and other capacity enhancement programs in the areas of public financial management.
- To work as a focal point and resource centre for the PFM reform activities.
- To assess the progress on PEFA framework and PFM policies, plans and programs of the government over a specified period of time.
- To increase awareness and disseminate the progress about PEFA framework and indicators.
- To publish PFM related reports, manuals, news letters and journals regularly and to disseminate information through radio and television programs.
- To liaison with development partners in the areas of public financial management and exchange information.
- To provide Technical Assistance and longer term support to line ministries and departments to implement PFM activities.